Dear Sam

Happy Birthday.

You were born on a cold, but beautiful sunny March day. I remember noticing how there was still snow on the ground and it sparkled like diamonds.  I was so scared  but I was also so excited to meet you.  I had a c section because my blood pressure was so high and I knew ahead of time that you were a boy.  After waiting and not wanting to know, I weakened and found out a few days before.  Your name was picked out early on because my father called me Sam when I was a little girl. Your Dad got a little light headed in the delivery room, he'll tell you it was because he was hungry, but I think he was a bit freaked out.  After all, who wouldn't be.  You came into the world at 12:30pm, screaming like crazy.  My favorite part of this story is when the Neonatologist, Dr Bartiloti, boomed "you have a healthy baby boy".  I cried with joy, my tears tracking down my face when I looked at you.  After we were settled, your Dad had a roll of quarters to call everyone in the familyon the pay phone in the waiting room.

I used to tell you this story when you were little on your birthday every year.  I thought this time I would put it to words.  Someday you will have your own children and maybe they can read the story of the day you were born.



Don't ever don't forget that I love you and that I am proud to call you my son. The world is out there waiting for you.  Go for it!  Happy Birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Things of 2012

Three Weeks To Go

Nourish, Comfort and Treat